St Michael School
St Michael School is a secondary school administered by the Society of Christian Doctrine M.U.S.E.U.M. It was founded in 1946 by Mr. Anthony Agius who at that time worked as a fitter at the Malta Shipyard.
One can say that just after Second World War, education in Malta was not accessible to all those who wished to study. Secondary Education in Malta was not compulsory as it is today and there was only one Lyceum and a handful of Church Secondary schools. These schools aimed at preparing students for the London or Oxford GCE. There was also at that time a technical school, situated in Cottonera, run by the De La Salle Brothers. It was probably this school that spurned Mr Anthony Agius to start St Michael school, with the intention of preparing boys to sit for the Shipyard's apprentice examination. The school was first located in Marsa, but later moved to Cannon Road, St Venera.
It was in the early 80's that the Society of Christian Doctrine thought of investing heavily on the school. The building itself underwent great structural development; more classes were added with the building of the second floor and in the South wing of the school a gymnasium and a Hall were erected. Science and Computer laboratories were set up and a new emphasis was given to creative arts and sports. Presently the work on the first phase of the building of the third floor has just been completed, thus adding more facilities to enhance the New Minimum Curriculum.
St. Michael School
Tel. 2148 4036 / 2148 4072
Fax 2149 0289
Board Email: firstname.lastname@example.org